Book now for CELebrate2018 here
In this year’s CELebrate symposium, we are convening a range of different opportunities to work with staff in thinking about approaches to large group teaching, learning and assessment. Our Keynote is from Sarah Knight (Jisc Digital Futures directorate) speaking on “How are students’ expectations and experiences of their digital environment changing?” We will be offering a shared and collaborative large group space to work with experts Prof Dai Hounsell and Anne Quinney, exploring resources to support how to assess large groups effectively. There will be a Brightspace showcase exploring tools that make managing and engaging large groups far more effective for raising student satisfaction, and to frame the policy setting you can join us for a ‘TEF’ breakfast and find out how to work with metrics as we know from research that students in large groups are most likely to score us down. Finally, to craft that perfect large lecture we have a small workshop with public speaking specialists Martha Leyton and Martin Shovel from CreativityWorks (information through your DDE this session limited to 4 staff members per Faculty)
Large groups make a significant impact on all of our student experiences. Our open spaces in CELebrate2018 are to ask:
- How can I manage, inspire and assess large groups?
- How can the VLE help me achieve a better learning experience for my students that I can measure?
- How can I create a fabulous large group lecture that will set the scene for my unit?
- How can I incorporate creative methods into large groups?
- How do I work with data, especially the National Student Survey (NSS) metrics, to help improve BU scores, internally and externally
Come and work with us to Celebrate and share your achievements, and take the next steps as we start to plan BU2025.