In two months’ time, the PG Dip unit in Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL): Creativity in Design for 2018-19 commences. It is a great opportunity to develop your digital skills, learn more about technology in education and to hear the experiences of other colleagues at BU.
The unit covers learning theories and TEL theories, social media, virtual and augmented reality, audience response systems and makes use of the TEL Toolkit. Throughout, we use Brightspace to demonstrate how the tools we learn about on the unit can be used in practice. The unit is very practical, blending theory, practice and experience and allowing you to tailor the content and the assessment to your own learning practice.
The schedule is:
- Masterclass 1: TEL Pedagogies Wednesday 17th October, 12-2pm
- Masterclass 2: TEL Toolkit, Wednesday 24th October, 12-3pm
- Masterclass 3: TEL in YOUR classroom (VLEs and useful apps!), Wednesday 31 October, 12-4pm
- Masterclass 4: Students and TEL, 7th November, 9am-4pm, LAB
- Masterclass 5: VR & AR and how to use them, 14th November, 12-2pm, LAB
- Masterclass 6: Using Social Media in your classroom, 21 November, 12-2pm, LAB
- Masterclass 7: TEL & the Future, 28th November, 12-2pm,
This unit can only be taken as a 20 credit unit as part of the PG Dip or MA in Education Practice.
The unit is facilitated by David Biggins (Academic Learning Designer) and Ann Luce (CEL Theme Leader for Technology Enhanced Learning).
More information on how to register for this unit will be provided soon. We just wanted to let you know about the unit and when it is running this year.