Discussions Tool provides an area for student collaboration.
It allows learners to post, read, and reply to messages on different topics, share thoughts about course materials, ask questions, share files, or work with your peers on assignments.
Use the Discussions Tool in your unit to:
- Encourage users to share thoughts on course material with their peers
- Set up forums for users to ask questions
- Pose a question for the class to debate
- Discuss the answers to an assignment
- Create forums for groups to work on group assignments
FLIE is running a face-to-face drop-in session on Tuesday 21st February 13:00 to 14:30 in FG04, dedicated to enquiries around the use of Discussions tool on Brightspace. So bring along your questions and come and find out more.
Take a look at the following video from Dr. Anne Luce demonstrating Discussion Boards in action:
Further help and support