We are still open for applications for two courses starting in February 2019. For new applicants, please click the relevant link below for more information and to apply. If you have completed the course(s) in previous years for professional development and now want to complete the assessment to gain credits please contact Claudia Vanzeloti
Employability/Work-based Learning: Implementing Best Practice (starts on 5th Feb 2019) led by Carly Lamont
The aim of this unit is to identify best practice in relation to work-based learning in the curriculum, analysing the impact of a variety of innovative pedagogical tools and techniques that support the development of employability, and enhancing the skills of integrating these into innovative programmes of learning. In particular, the unit attempts to merge theory with practice and knowledge with experience.
- Tuesday 5 February 2019, 10:00–16:00
- Tuesday 19 February 2019, 10:00–16:00
- Tuesday 5 March 2019, 10:00–16:00
- Tuesday 19 March 2019, 10:00–16:00
The aim of this series of 4 workshops/masterclasses is to develop in-depth knowledge and skills in assessment and feedback in Further Education and Higher Education settings and develop innovative approaches to the practice of assessment and feedback.
You will explore current research and practice in designing assignments that promote learning and will extend your knowledge and skills of assessment for learning and techniques for feedback and feedforward in the context of student-centred learning.
- Wednesday 20 February 2019, 10:00–16:00 Promoting effective student learning
- Wednesday 27 February 2019, 10:00–16:00 Designing assessments for learning
- Wednesday 13 March 2019, 10:00–16:00 Designing feedback and feedforward strategies
- Wednesday 20 March 2019, 10:00–16:00 Developing assessment literacy
Please apply through the weblinks above to Dr Curie Scott (MA Education Practice programme leader).