- 5G Technology. 5G is short for ‘fifth generation mobile networks’. The main benefits of 5G are expected to be that it will be much faster – some are saying as much as 100 times faster than previous generations.
- Convertible Tablets/Laptops. Simple tablets and laptops with finger touch technology are giving way to more convertible devices with robust capabilities and more traditional interfaces.
- Companion robot is one that is capable of providing useful assistance in a socially acceptable manner. This means that a robot companion’s first goal is to assist humans. Robot companions are mainly developed to help people with special needs such as older people, autistic children or the disabled. They usually aim to help in a specific environment: a house, a care home or a hospital.
- Gesture Recognition technology, GR for short, is a simple concept that involves using body motions to control certain technological devices. If you’ve seen futuristic movies like Ender’s Game, Minority Report, or Iron Man, then you’ve witnessed what some of this technology can do, at least from an entertainment perspective. This isn’t just a matter of science fiction, however. Life has begun imitating art, and gesture recognition technology is very much a reality.
- Augmented Reality. An enhanced version of reality where live direct or indirect views of physical real-world environments are augmented with superimposed computer-generated images over a user’s view of the real-world, thus enhancing one’s current perception of reality.
- PointGrab. Managed to refine that to perfection and presented us with simple software that turns your camera into a motion-sensing device. Install the software while your webcam is plugged in and you can transform your computer, laptop, smartphone, tablet, or a smart-television into a gesture controlled device.
See this link for a list of more technologies: https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielnewman/2018/01/16/top-18-tech-trends-at-ces-2018/#6ff9dcc1452f