(Apologies for cross-posting).
Having just published our 12th edition, we would be pleased to receive applications to join the editorial team of the Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education. The JLDHE was established in 2008 and is published online: http://journal.aldinhe.ac.uk/index.php/jldhe/index.
We are looking for new editors to join us as soon as possible. These roles are entirely voluntary; involve working to deadlines and participating in online meetings outside of normal office hours (currently the first Tuesday or Wednesday of each month from 7pm to 8.30 pm) – and they offer exciting opportunities to contribute to scholarship in a growing and significant field of HE. Participation in the online editorial meetings is by Skype and the work involves use of the ‘Open Journal Systems’ (see link above), and a PBworks wiki for tracking progress and sharing comments with co-editors.
In order to apply for these roles you must:
- be a practising learning developer, or an equivalent role, with at least two years’ experience of working in higher education
- have a record of academic publications in learning development and/or relevant related fields
- have experience of reviewing academic texts for publication
- work effectively with web-based tools
- be passionate about learning development and committed to encouraging high quality academic research and publications in the field
It would also be desirable if you have:
- experience of editing academic publications
- experience of publishing online and/or developing and editing web-based resources
- experience of undertaking research in learning development or relevant areas of higher education
We would be pleased to receive applications from interested parties by email. Please send a recent CV and a letter of application giving your reasons for wanting to undertake the role, by 5pm on 8th January 2018 to email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed online by a panel including the current editors and a representative of the Steering Group of the Association for Learning Development in Higher Education (ALDinHE).
If you would like an informal discussion about the role you are welcome to call John Hilsdon on 07973 425931
Lucy Rai; Mandy French; Andy Hagyard; John Hilsdon; Moira Maguire; Christina Howell-Richardson;
Editors: the Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education (JLDHE)