Dear BU colleagues
Please see below – Anglia Ruskin are developing significant expertise and a reputation for active learning approaches; Prof Mike Sharples is an expert of MOOCs and mobile learning.
Anglia Ruskin University is running an Active Learning Conference on 12 September 2017 at our Cambridge Campus with pre-conference masterclasses on 11 September.
The main conference will be opened on 12 September by Professor Mike Sharples, Chair in Educational Technology Learning and Teaching Innovation, Open University, whose keynote address will focus on ‘Designs for Active Learning’.
On the afternoon of 11 September, 14:00-17:00 we’re offering masterclasses in:
- Effective task design for active learning (Team-Based Learning
- Up and running with SCALE-UP
- The Goldilocks Zone – Asking the right questions for active learning
Addressing barriers to student success
The conference will link Team-Based Learning at University of Bradford, SCALE-UP at Nottingham Trent University and Anglia Ruskin University’s active learning practices as part of a HEFCE Catalyst funded project to address barriers to student success, hence the main conference isfree to delegates from HEFCE funded institutions, while there is a modest £100 fee for those from other institutions.
- introduce active learning approaches through master classes;
- share good practice in using and embedding active learning approaches in the curriculum;
- provide opportunities to learn new skills and techniques.
Call for Proposals – we’re particularly interested in proposals which focus on:
- innovative teaching methods
- engaging students in collaborative learning
- improving retention and progression
- supporting differential learning outcomes
- improving attendance, and participation
- enhancing student experience and satisfaction
The deadline for submissions is 30 June 2017
Registration for the conference and masterclasses
Book your place for the main conference event on 12 September (FREE to HEFCE funded institutions)
Book your Master class, 11 September (£75)
Head of Anglia Learning and Teaching