Over the next 5 months, CEL is piloting a project in which BU students help BU staff to develop their digital skills, knowledge and confidence. Our pilot follows similar projects at other HEIs that have been both welcomed by staff and successful in helping staff.
This help and support can be provided on a one-to-one basis or in small group settings.
In terms of what help and support will be available, we hope to be able to cover in:
- Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Social media such as Facebook and Twitter
- Some of the tools in the TEL toolkit
- Digital skills such as image and file manipulation, digital profile privacy etc
- Using smartphones and tablets
- Using PCs and Macs
We are currently recruiting students to work on the project. In addition to the staff benefits of this pilot, we expect students will also gain through their participation in terms of their knowledge, experience and confidence. An added benefit to students is that their work is paid.
We may also be able to provide more bespoke help and support to suit individual or team needs.
Any staff member who is interested is asked to complete a short request form. We will then be in touch once we have student trainers in place.