BU’s IT Services has introduced a new and convenient way of showing presentations using BU’s – or your own – devices without wires or adaptors.
This new installation is part of the wider Audio Visual Refresh Project, which has seen equipment in teaching spaces and meeting rooms across the university being replaced with the most up to date systems.
‘We Present’ is a flexible platform that encourages collaboration and offers the chance to present freely without wires.
The service offers you the following benefits;
- Do away with the need to physically connect a device and worry about which cable to use
- Enable 4 users to be connected to the screen at any one time, each user being able to take control as the need arises – supporting meetings/workshops with multiple presenters
- Providing a platform for a truly interactive experience
- Provides the flexibility of using the device/platform of your choice as the service is Windows, Mac, iOS and Android compatible
- No complex setup required
The Centre for Excellence in Learning space, PG30a in Poole House has a “come and try” AV system for staff to test to test out the new technology.
Instructions on how to use We Present are available here.
Please check the AV Refresh Programme schedule to see which rooms have been completed and which rooms will be updated next.
If you would like to discuss the AV Refresh Programme, please contact the IT Programme Manager, Anu Best by email or on extension 62311.
[Reposted from the Staff Intranet]