A project commissioned by the Observatory of the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) on the Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights is carried out by CIPPM in collaboration with Milieu Consulting SPRL.
The project will run from January 2021 to December 2025, with the objective being to expand, update and consolidate the EUIPO’s eSearch Case Law system (database including key national case-law in the area of IP enforcement).
The collection of judgements across EU Member States stems from the European Commission’s Communication: A balanced IP enforcement system responding to today’s societal challenges (COM(2017) 707 final) which states that ‘transparency about judgements on IPR enforcement is an essential pre-requisite for knowledge exchanges across the single market’ and the Council Conclusions on the enforcement of IP rights in the EU (6681/18 1 March 2018) which invites Member States to consider in cooperation with the Observatory, the systematic publication of judgements in IPR enforcement cases.
These objectives also form part of the Observatory’s Work Programme 2020 and is expected to contribute to a ‘more efficient and predictable juridical enforcement regime in the EU’.
Keeping in step with the above aims, this Collection will take forward the work begun by the EUIPO in 2014 in collecting national key enforcement judgements from the Member States that are related to IPRs. As such, the project will:
- Provide key enforcement judgements from EU Member States currently not participating in the project (begun in 2014);
- Provide key enforcement judgements from participating EU Member States that are no longer available to provide them; and
- Check and provide updates of key enforcement judgements from non-participating EU Member States collected internally by EUIPO.
- Professor Dinusha Mendis (Project Coordinator/Project Lead)
- Professor Maurizio Borghi (Deputy Project Lead)
- Dr Marc Mimler
- Dr Marcella Favale
- Mr Dukki Hong
- Ela Omersa (Milieu)
- Monika Malecka (Milieu)
- Pieter Dirckx (Milieu)
- Axel Paul Ringelhann (Legal Counsel, Austria)
- Prof. Dr. Esther Van Zimmeren (University of Antwerp, Belgium)
- Dr Fanny Koleva (University of National and World Economy, Sofia, Bulgaria)
- Kristina Delfin Kanceljak (Attorney at Law, Croatian Bar Association, Croatia)
- Dr Tatiana Eleni Synodinou (University of Cyprus, Cyprus)
- Prof. Dr. Alexei Kelli (University of Tartu, Estonia )
- Prof. Dr. Taina Pihlajarinne and Olli Honkkila (University of Helsinki, Finland)
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Peukert (Goethe Universität, Frankfurt a/M, Germany)
- Monique Farrugia and Dr Ivan Vella (Vella Advocates, Malta)
- Dr. Maurice Schellekens (University of Tilburg Law School, Netherlands)
- Dr Iga Bałos-Stoczewska (Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski Krakow University, Poland)
- Prof. Dr. Tito Rendas (Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Portugal)
- Rãzvan Dincã and Ionut Cofaru (Rãzvan Dincã & Asociatii and University of Bucharest, Romania).
A team of Voluntary Expert Reviewers drawn from the above Member States also form part of the Project Team as part of the quality review process. They are:
- Dr Michael Woller (Austria)
- Jozefien Vanherpe (Belgium)
- Ms Diana Dimitrova (Bulgaria)
- Aleksandar Bijelić (Croatia)
- Eleni Papacharalambous (Cyprus)
- Prof. Dr Age Värv (Estonia)
- Prof. Rosa Ballardini (Finland)
- Prof. Dr. Jan Nordemann (Germany)
- Dr. Ioannis Revolidis (Malta)
- Prof. Anselm Kamperman-Sanders (Netherlands)
- Dr. hab. Justyna Ożegalska-Trybalska (Poland)
- Prof. Dr. Dário Moura Vicente (Portugal)
- Ana-Maria Baciu (Romania).