Intellectual Property (IP) law has been the mainstay of our short course content. But we recognise the importance of IP management as an ‘enterprise skill’ which sits alongside an understanding of finance, accounting, valuation, taxation, corporate governance, company secretaryship, licence negotiation, economics, policy making, marketing and employment issues.
We continue to add to our short course ‘menu’, in line with statutory and industry demands. Tailored course content to meet client needs is a feature of CIPPM short course delivery.
Our IP consultancy and research & development projects typically combine legal and social science methodologies, drawing on the economic and management expertise available from the BU community.
Our applied research and consultancy expertise covers:
- Industrial design
- Trade marks
- Law & policy
- IP exploitation
- Legal education.
Benefits to your business
Our IP consultants can help your business to:
- Recognise its IP rights and advise how best to protect and exploit them
- Secure essential IP rights in commercial contracts to avoid being constrained by competitors, contractors, customers or suppliers
- Maximise IP opportunities arising from business acquisition or other commercial challenges
- Remain up-to-date with relevant regulations and standards
- Introduce training and procedures to avoid infringing third party IP rights
- Ensure technical and commercial staff work together efficiently to secure optimum contract terms that balance profit and IP rights.
For bespoke consultancy advice and further information on our short course delivery please contact us.