Research at CIPPM typically combines legal and social science methodologies, drawing on the economic and management expertise available within its interdisciplinary setting. Since 2000, CIPPM has received more than £1M in research funding.
Recent funded projects include research on:
- Intellectual Property Rights in the European Neighborhood Policy (part of a project funded by the European Commission, 7th Framework Programme)
- Evolution of Music Publishing Industry (funded by AHRC)
- 3D Printing and Intellectual Property Law (funded by UKIPO)
- Copyright User Portal (funded by Bournemouth University, in collaboration with CREATe)
- Copyright and the regulation of Orphan Works (commissioned by the UKIPO)
- Empirical Evidence and Legal Regulation of Parody and Pastiche (commissioned by UKIPO)
- Open Standards in Goverment IT (commissioned by the Cabinet Office)
For current projects and publications of individual centre members, view our staff database.