You’re probably aware that we have an institutional licence for Mentimeter at BU, the audience response system that helps add those interactive elements to teaching sessions. But did you know that all BU students also have access to the BU Mentimeter account, meaning they can utilise the full functionality of Mentimeter?
How might students use Mentimeter?
Mentimeter can be a really useful tool for group work and can aid students in improving some of the softer skills such as teamwork, communication, creativity and interpersonal skills. For example, Mentimeter could be used by students to:
- brainstorm ideas
- collaborate on presentations
- present content
- ask questions and collect feedback
How do students get access to Mentimeter?
Students just need to go to mentimeter.com/join/bournemouthuniversity and enter their Bournemouth University credentials – please share this information with your students.
Further help and guidance
Students can find more information on using Mentimeter at the following links :
- Mentimeter’s Help Center – everything about how Mentimeter works
- Mentimeter’s YouTube page – full of inspirational and how-to videos
- Mentimeter’s Blog – full of inspiration
- Mentimeter Academy – free online courses