Being a researcher involves updating your skills and learning to use researcher tools. This workshop will teach you how to use EndNote for your research and for publication. These aspects align with the following BU2025 actions:
- Develop and implement capability across BU to support the Fusion learning approach, including by: (a) collaborating with peer institutions world-wide, developing and sharing expertise; (b) providing advice and support, and implementing tools to support staff to innovate and excel in learning and teaching; (c) researching the impact of Fusion; (d) ensuring that we have structures that support and deliver best practice; and (e) supporting staff to achieve higher levels of academic and professional qualifications
- All our academic departments: (a) grow their internationally excellent and world-leading research; (b) increase their research and knowledge exchange funding; and (c) develop their impact
- Provide research support that is appropriate for academic staff at different levels and different career stages to help develop their research performance and impact
EndNote desktop for managing references and writing for publication. This course will introduce you to EndNote, software that saves you time when managing your references and writing for publication.
This session will cover:
- The role of EndNote in the research workflow
- Reference collation and management
- Full text harvesting
- Writing for publication; citation and reference creation
|EndNote Desktop for Managing References and Writing for Publication||Tuesday 4th February 2020||14:00 – 16:00||Lansdowne Campus|
|EndNote Desktop for Managing References and Writing for Publication||Monday 8th June 2020||10:00 – 12:00||Talbot Campus|
How to book your place on this event
- All requests to attend this event must be submitted through your Head of Department using this Approval Request email template.
- If your HoD has nominated another departmental academic to act as an approver you may forward the email to them instead.
- Once attendance is approved, the email will be forwarded (by the HoD/nominated approver) to Organisational Development and you will be sent an Outlook Calendar meeting request to confirm your booking. This should be received with 48 hours of receipt.
Please note that Organisational Development/RDS are unable to process your booking without receiving the approval form from a nominated departmental approver.
Attendance (and non-attendance) will be reported to Heads of Department on a regular basis.