As a part our ongoing evaluation of updates to Brightspace we will be piloting a new feature called ‘Lessons’. Lessons brings a new look to the Content pages in Brightspace units for staff and students, this includes a simplified colour coded navigation to help users move between different content areas without losing their place.
The Lessons feature was piloted successfully during the last academic year for one unit so we are now opening up the pilot to any unit leader who is interested to try it out. Further information on the Lessons feature and last year’s pilot is available in the Lessons case study.
The pilot for this year will include two alternative layouts for the Lessons feature, one of those piloted last year and a new release for 2019.
- Lessons v1 provides simplified colour coded left hand menu which showing all content modules. View a short demo of Lessons v1.
- Lessons v2 provides the same experience for staff as Lesson v1 but the student view is more focused on specific content modules. View a short demo of Lessons v2.
If you wish to join the pilot or would like to try it out in your sandbox then please contact your Faculty Lead Learning Technologist and let them version which version is of interest.
- HSS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FM: email@example.com
- FMC: fmclearningTechnology@bournemouth.ac.uk
- FST: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a part of the evaluation we will be reviewing anonymised activity data within the pilot units and would also like to get some short feedback from your staff and students.