The BU Careers & Employability Service showcased their recently updated MyCareerHub system at the BU Service Excellence Conference with the opportunity, for those who took part in a MyCareerHub activity, to win a bottle of Prosecco. A total of 49 staff from across the university took part in the activity and the lucky winner was announced as Emma Jackson from the Faculty of Management.
The BU System ‘MyCareerHub’ has recently undergone an update with the addition of new content and a newly revamped landing page which is more interactive and easier to navigate. As part of the MyCareerHub service excellence activity staff had the opportunity to explore all of the new features that the system has to offer including:-
• Personalised landing page
• Easy to book appointment system for careers & job hunting/application advice
• CV & Covering Letter Builder Tools
• Mock Interview Practice Tool
• Practice Psychometric Test Tools
• Latest recruitment news posted daily
• Job Search support including access to various job vacancy databases including overseas vacancies
• Easy to book Events System for on campus careers and job hunting/application, employer workshops
• Access to 14 Career Assessment Tools
• Personal Development Planner Tool
• Employer Videos and Podcasts
• External career events and opportunities page (I know it’s not necessarily new but we have combined it?)
All those who engaged in the MyCareerHub activity praised the system and the wealth of careers resources available on it and were surprised when they learnt that not only do BU students and graduates have access to the system, but also all BU staff as well. If you would like to explore what MyCareerHub has to offer, then just visit https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/abintegro select the ‘Staff’ option and enter your BU username and password in order to create your account.
Published on behalf of Jade Fevyer, Information Co-Ordinator, BU Careers & Employability Service