The following information from the Association of University Administrators might be of interest to you:
We are looking for two Trustees who represent the breadth and diversity of our membership to join our established Board. Becoming a Trustee is both a rewarding way to give back to the Association and to higher education and an excellent opportunity for professional development. Working alongside other dedicated and dynamic individuals you will shape and help deliver the overall vision of the AUA to ensure the ongoing success of the Association.
It is an exciting time to join the Board as we steer the Association through several major developments. Are you looking for new ways to help higher education move forward? Are you someone that can bring about positive change?
Term: 1 August 2018 to 31 July 2021.
Experience and skills
- Provides Strategic Leadership (all Trustees) and has deep knowledge and understanding of the HE sector and the AUA’s place within it
- Is able to articulate strategic priorities, financial implications and objectives clearly
- Promotes team working between Trustees and AUA Office staff
- Is able to analyse information provided by the AUA Office in a useful way
- Is open to new ideas and willing to work in partnership with stakeholders
- Ensures accountability by understanding the legal governance and financial requirements the AUA operates in
- Acts as a critical friend
How to apply
Click on the Apply now button and comple the form by 5 March 2018.
If you have any questions please contact Kathryn Fowler, the current Chair of the Board.
Applications will be considered by a Nominations Panel established by the Board who will interview selected candidates during the Annual Conference at the University of Manchester, 26 to 27 March. The Nominations Panel will make recommendations to the Board of Trustees at their meeting in June for formal endorsement. Applicants will be informed of the result by Kathryn Fowler after the interviews, subject to formal endorsement by the Board. The membership will be informed by email no later than Friday 6 July 2018.
All full Members of the AUA based in the UK can apply.
Not a member? If you want to become a Trustee, please sign up for our membership first.
You can apply to become a Trustee here!