Welcome to Autumn and new courses for you!
CEL are delighted to announce our new MA Education Practice with a variety of entry and exit points.
We are offering four short courses/accredited units for BU staff across the academic year. Colleagues can develop their skills and understanding in areas important to the success of BU2018. You can extend your Continuous Professional Development (CPD), build your promotion profile and move towards application for Senior Fellowship of the HEA. Colleagues must commit to attending all sessions of the chosen unit.
There are two routes through which you can engage with these events:
- Colleagues may attend the short course series as CPD.
- Colleagues can choose to enrol into the programme – either as a stand-alone unit or as part of the PGDip level of the MA Education Practice.
Colleagues who successfully complete the assessment will achieve 20 Level 7 credits. If you have already completed BU’s PGCert Education Practice you can combine the credits to gain a PGDip or continue further to gain the MA Education Practice. The enrolled route is currently being built, if you are interested please let Curie Scott know and also book your place on your chosen units by emailing Organisational Development.
Here is an overview of our four units. Please click links for detailed information and look out for more specific blogs on individual units!
- Technology Enhanced Learning: Creativity in Design (25th Oct 2017 – 6th Dec 2017) is facilitated by David Biggins (Academic Learning Designer) and Ann Luce (CEL Theme Leader for Technology Enhanced Learning)
- Employability/ Work Based Learning: Implementing Best practice (13th Nov – 4th Dec 2017) is facilitated by Carly Lamont (Lecturer In HRM/Organisational Studies and previously CEL Theme Leader for Employability and work-based learning)
- Innovations in Assessment and Feedback (21st Feb-21st Mar 2018) is facilitated by Anne Quinney (CEL Theme Leader for Assessment and feedback) and Professor Dai Hounsell (Visiting Professor and World Class expert in Assessment and feedback
- Reflections on Leadership in HE: Developing high quality staff to deliver high quality learning opportunities (2nd Feb to 20th April 2018) is facilitated by Sue Eccles (CEL Research and Development Lead)
If you choose to complete the unit assessment, there will be an extra date arranged for an assignment workshop
We look forward to seeing you there! Please book your place on your chosen units by emailing Organisational Development.