The Centre for Excellence in Learning is pleased to invite applications for its Innovation Awards. These awards are for teams or individuals who have a creative idea for enhancing the student experience within their curriculum. Proposals should link to one of the following CEL themes: Technology enhanced learning; Employability, work based learning and professional practice; Assessment and feedback; or general pedagogic development and research. Successful applications can receive up to £3000.
The deadline for applications is 18 November 2016 @ 5pm.
Click the following link for the application form: bu_cel_-innovation-awards_application_16-17
The Centre for Excellence in Learning (CEL) will be holding drop-in sessions for members of staff who wish to find out more about applying for a BU Innovation award.
The sessions will hold as per the following schedules:
- Wednesday 12 October, 1-2pm in S203
- Tuesday 18 October, 12-1pm in PG30a
- Wednesday 26 October, 1-2pm in S203
Last year’s project holders were:
- Ven Tauringana: The relative importance of the National Student Survey improvement initiatives; The case of Bournemouth University’s accounting and Finance framework
- Nasiru Taura: Designing and developing the first virtual business failure simulator-game for teaching entrepreneurship failure at Bournemouth University
- Jacqueline Priego: Assessing undergraduate research assistants’ learning through participatory methods (AURAL)
- Philip Mathews: Peer assisted scriptwriting developmental workshop forum
- Erika Borkoles: The development of a co-creational vodcast toolkit to explain psychological theories and their applications to real life problems
- Milena Bobeva: International students’ guide to assessment and feedback methods, procedures and practice
- Sue Way: Peer facilitated learning: an evaluation of the student and academic experience of participating in reciprocal sharing of knowledge; Evaluate the impact and effectiveness of PFL of those participating in reciprocal sharing of knowledge