Would you like to develop your digital skills? Over the next 5 months, CEL is piloting a project in which our own Generation Y students help BU staff to develop their digital skills, knowledge and confidence. Our pilot follows similar, successful projects at other HEIs.
In terms of what help and support will be available, we hope to be able to offer help in:
- Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Social media such as Facebook and Twitter
- Some of the tools in the TEL Toolkit
- Digital skills such as image and file manipulation, digital profile privacy etc
- Using smartphones and tablets
- Using PCs and Macs
We are currently recruiting students to work on the project.
This help and support can be provided on a one-to-one basis or in small group settings. We may also be able to provide more bespoke help and support to suit individual or team needs.
Any staff member who is interested is asked to complete a short request form. We will then be in touch once we have student trainers in place.