The recent workshops on the TEL Toolkit have been very good for gathering a wide range of input on the Toolkit and related issues.
For the launch in February, we have identified the initial tranch of TEL tools that we would like to include. After the launch, there will be further tools added and we expect that the information and material on the existing tools will be developed, expanded and improved.
Here is the initial list:
Bristol Online surveys
myBU discussion board
myBU group pages
myBU learning module
myBU Personal Journal
myBU Test tool
myBU You Grade
Turnitin app for ipad
Use of presentation equipment
For each tool, we are aiming to provide the following:
- Explanation of the tool and its use(s) in pedagogy
- Advice and guidance on using the tool
- Any supporting materials and templates
- Where to go for help eg Learning technologists and academic staff
- Short videos of staff and students talking about the tool (if possible)
- A place for you to feedback on using the tool and connect to other academics who use the tool
- Links to third party resources eg the suppliers website
If you have any comments, please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I will keep you up to date on the progress of the toolkit in the coming weeks.