The Centre for Excellence in Learning (CEL) was soft launched in early 2013, led by Professor Roach. Professor Thomas took on leadership in September 2013 and it was then formally launched in April 2014 to make its impact more obvious and effective across BU.
Its aims are to:
- Develop and support collaborative communities to inspire excellence in learning practice across BU and elsewhere
- Support an innovative and creative environment, working with Estates to create an ideal learning infrastructure
- Build strong mechanisms for sharing good educational practice
- Inspire pedagogical exploration and innovation
- Add value to existing pedagogical practice
For a trial period of 4 week starting 17 Sep 2015, we will be sending out a weekly digest from the CEL blog. After the trial period, we will stop sending your a weekly message so if you are interested in receiving the CEL digest on a weekly basis, please go to the CEL home page and add your email address.
You can of course unsubscribe at any time but we hope that CEL will be able to contribute to your teaching practice and that you won’t want to cut yourself off from teaching and learning news, CEL activities and workshops and personal/career development information such as the PG Cert and professional qualifications.
If you are involved in innovative and successful teaching, working on education research or participate in teaching and learning project work please tell us about it so that we can share best practice around the university and celebrate your pedagogic expertise.
The reasons why you may want to be involved with CEL are to:
- Share, learn, contribute
- Involve yourself in the many topics surrounding pedagogy
- Ignite the interest of your colleagues
- Help make BU the best it can be
We want you to get involved in CEL. Before semester 1 begins, we encourage you to browse the CEL site and investigate what CEL can do for you.
We look forward to talking with you soon!
PS Don’t forget to subscribe to the CEL weekly blog digest!