Technology Enhanced Tourist Experiences Barbara Neuhofer and Dimitrios Buhalis The notion of consumers increasingly striving for experiences constitutes an important concept for the tourism industry. The strategic staging of experiences in the experience economy has become crucial for companies as products have become commodified and competitive advantage can only obtained by providing customers with unique… Read more »
Technology enhanced experiences
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Rihova, I., Buhalis, D., Gouthro, M., Moital, M., 2018 Customer-to-customer co-creation practices in tourism: lessons from Customer-Dominant logic, Tourism Management, Vol. 67, pp.362-375
- Buhalis, D., Leung, R. Smart hospitality—Interconnectivity and interoperability towards an ecosystem, International Journal of Hospitality Management, Volume 71, April 2018, Pages 41-50
- González, J. A. M., Parra-Lopez, E., & Buhalis, D. (2016). The loyalty of young residents in an island destination: An integrated model. Journal of Destination Marketing & Management.
- Viglia, G., Pelloia, M., & Buhalis, D. (2018). Information Technology in Hospitality Education. In Innovation in Hospitality Education (pp. 87-100). Springer, Cham
- Molinillo, S., Liébana-Cabanillas, F., Anaya-Sánchez, R., & Buhalis, D. (2018). DMO online platforms: Image and intention to visit. Tourism Management, 65, 116-130
- Zhang, H., Gordon, S., Buhalis, D., & Ding, X. (2017). Experience Value Cocreation on Destination Online Platforms. JOURNAL OF TRAVEL RESEARCH
- Williams, N., Inversini, A., Ferdinand, N., Buhalis, D., 2017. Destination eWOM: A macro and meso network approach? Annals of Tourism Research. Volume 64, May 2017, Pages 87–101
- Tanti A., and Buhalis, D. 2017, The influences and consequences of being digitally connected and/or disconnected to travellers, Information Technology & Tourism March, p.1-21
- Qi, S., Law, R., Buhalis, D., 2017. Comparative evaluation study of the websites of China-based and international luxury hotels. JOURNAL OF CHINA TOURISM RESEARCH, 2017
- Xu, F., Buhalis, D., Weber, J., 2017. Serious games and the gamification of tourism. Tourism Management Volume 60, June 2017, Pages 244–256
#BUeTourimLab #bufest15 #BUsmarttourism #IFITTtalk #SmartTourism Adele Ladkin Alessandro Inversini Barbara Neuhofer Bournemouth University Bournemouth University eTourism Lab BU BUeTourismLab Bu eTourismLab BU eTourism Lab Buhalis co-creation Conference Dimitrios Buhalis ENTER2016 etourism eTourism Lab eTourismLab Experience Economy Gamification Holy Grail Hospitality ICT IFITT IFITTtalk@Bournemouth innovation John Fotis London PhD Award Prof. Dimitrios Buhalis Professor Dimitrios Buhalis Publication research Smart Tourism smart tourism workshop social media technology tourism tourism experience World Travel Market WTM 2015 London Excel