Dear colleagues, apologies for cross posting:
The International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning invites you to join its 15th annual conference, which will be hosted in Bergen, Norway, from October 24 to 27, 2018. International scholars and educators will come together to share recent work and to discuss how our collective efforts will advance the future of higher education. The conference will feature preconference workshops facilitated by leading scholars in the field, distinguished international plenary speakers, panel discussions, individual paper and poster presentations, concurrent workshops, and ISSOTL’s signature Conference Commons for informal idea-sharing and networking.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION SYSTEM
Proposals will be accepted February 1 – April 1 through the ISSOTL online submission system:
- Prepare your proposal according to the information and instructions below.
- Read the Detailed submission instructions.
- Send in your proposal via The ISSOTL submission system.
Notices of acceptance will be sent no later than June 1,
and confirmation from all accepted proposals will be due on July 1.
The ISSOTL18 conference theme, Toward a learning culture, opens a space for discussions about the collegial, cultural, inter-professional and interpersonal dimensions of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, and encompasses but is not limited to the following topics or threads:
- A culture for learning: How do we generate and sustain meaningful teaching and learning that have a lasting impact, within and across courses, programs, departments and institutions?
- A culture of learners: How do we engage and support the many players and complex relationships that together comprise a learning environment?
- An inclusive learning culture:
- What happens when we connect student learning to life and work experiences beyond the (physical or virtual) classroom?
- What does teaching and learning look like, and what does SoTL look like, when inclusivity (of diverse perspectives as well as a diversity of people) is not an add-on but core to our practices?
- A culture that learns: How is SoTL changing, and how can SoTL practice foster development and growth in higher education?
Further detail about this conference can be accessed here!