Tia Produced by

Graduate

BA (Hons) Communication and Media

Since Coronavirus, I have spent more time exploring the local area and finding places my friends and I can go on walks, runs or bike rides. If you don’t have a bicycle in Bournemouth then don’t worry as you can hire a Beryl by paying as you go or buying bundles of minutes. Here are some of my favourite spots:

Bournemouth Beach

I feel this is very obvious but I especially love to head down to the beach at sunset for a walk or cycle along the promenade. If you’re an early riser then sunrise is just as beautiful and parking is free before 9am, if you don’t want to trek down there and back as well. I like to Beryl down and start at East Beach or Boscombe Pier, then walk or cycle towards Alum Chine and get a hot drink at the Alum Chine café then head back.

Meyrick Park

There is a Beryl station at Meyrick Park so you can cycle there then walk around the large golf course and fields. Take a different route each time you go!

Slades Farm Skatepark and Recreational Ground

This is just across the road from the university so is perfect if you need a break from the library or want to get out your house, just a short walk away from Winton. There is also a velodrome if you are a keen rider and Beryl bays if you want to have a leisurely cycle (or stroll) around the fields.

Stour Valley Nature Reserve

There is a lovely stream here for a picturesque walk and moment to relax. There are also walking trails along the river, meadows, hedgerows and woodland where you can keep an eye out for otters and kingfishers. The perfect place for a nature walk.

Queens Park

A very beautiful park and golf course. A favourite for many of my friends to go jogging as it is situated very close to Charminster and Lansdowne.

Delph Woods

These woods are stunning and situated near Poole. There are lots of streams with footbridges across, wood trails and nature. The perfect place for a walk.

Moors Valley Country Park and Forest

A little further afield as it is near Ringwood, but if you have a car this is a popular destination. There are cycling trails and you can hire bikes once there (Covid-19 permitting!). If cycling isn’t your thing then there are walking trails, running maps and fitness trails, which have 10 exercise stations positioned along a two mile route through the forest. All routes have varying difficulty, so whether you’re up for a challenge or just want something more relaxed, there will be a route for you.