This is a guest blog post by graduate Lucy Brady, graduate from BA (Hons) Television Production.

Last February, I was fortunate enough to be offered a job at ITV Daytime as a Studio Technician, working part-time alongside completing my TV Production degree at Bournemouth University.

My contract was due to change to full-time in June, however, 2020 had other plans! Lockdown struck before I finished my training and the implementation of skeleton crews in studios, meant I was unable to continue working.

I am so grateful to have had the amazing support from ITV, my managers and all my fellow crew members on the studio floor. With special mention to Vicky Smith for looking after me so incredibly, throughout my five months of furlough.

Fast forward to September, I was able to start full-time. Working at Television Centre across This Morning, Good Morning Britain, Lorraine and Loose Women. I have been so privileged to work with such a skilled crew, who have been so encouraging and supportive. They make those 4am call times not seem so daunting!

After graduating in such a confusing climate, I am so grateful for the opportunities I have had and feel so lucky to be a part of a hugely talented and welcoming team. I could not be more excited about this start to my career 👏🏻

To all the graduates looking for work, don’t give up hope, there are amazing employers out there 💙 #BUproud

Find out more about studying BA (Hons) Television Production at BU.