Written by Chris Bowditch
BA (Hons) Marketing Communications
It’s not just Bournemouth’s university that’s great; living here is awesome too! Bournemouth is the perfect mix of country, coastal and city living.
1) Take a trip on the Bournemouth Balloon in the South Gardens.
Familiarise yourself with your new surroundings.
2) Have a house/flat mate’s selfie on the pier.
Beware it may take a few attempts because of that sea breeze, Selfie Stick may be required!
An essential for every lazy Saturday, you don’t even have to change out of your pyjamas!
4) Take your friends out clubbing with a fancy dress theme.
Whether you are nerds, ghosts, OAPs, smurfs or even just in your Christmas jumpers you will definitely be in for a memorable night. Plenty of opportunities to do this during freshers’ week!
5) Indulge in waffles and ice cream at Sprinkles Gelato.
Prepare yourselves (and your finances) for a seriously sweet treat!
6) “Get Hulked” with a pitcher of The Incredible Hulk at Dylan’s bar!
Loads of cheap drinks (what else would a student want?) as the bar is run by SUBU, it’s a huge hit on the Talbot Campus.
7) Visit Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove.
Not technically in Bournemouth but a short journey away, these two landmarks have to be seen to be believed!
8) Cycle along the Promenade to Sandbanks.
A nice way to get in a bit of exercise by the beach as the sun goes down in the evening.
9) Catch your favourite musician, comedian or show at the BIC.
The BIC hosts loads of entertaining shows and exhibitions, including the BFX festival.
10) Meet all the Aquatic Life Bournemouth has to offer at the Oceanarium
– including sharks, piranhas, catfish, lion-fish, octopuses and turtles!