Produced by kdanceydowns
It’s a very busy time of year at askBU, so here’s what you’ve been asking this week…
1. I’m confused! What are the different ways to visit BU?
There are a few different options, so here’s what you can do at each one:
Undergraduate Open Days are a great opportunity to:
- ask questions about your course of interest
- attend specific course talks
- visit a wide variety of exhibition stands, both academic and non-academic
- chat with the academic teams
- tour the campus
- visit a variety of our accommodation facilities
- find out information on fees and funding
- learn more about student life at BU.
Campus Visits are designed to give you a general overview of life at BU, but we’re unable to arrange for you to see an Academic from your course or provide any course specific information. On a Campus Visit you can:
- find out more about being a student at BU
- attend a presentation on fees and funding, accommodation and student life at BU
- put your questions to our experienced team
- take a campus tour with one of our current students.
Campus Tours offer you the opportunity to have a look around the campus. These events are designed to give you a general overview of life at BU. Like the Campus Visit, unfortunately we are unable to arrange for you to see an Academic from your course or provide any course specific information.
Interview sessions are designed to ensure that you have the right background and skills-base for the course, as well as give you the opportunity to find out more about us. Some courses may ask you to attend an interview session.
Applicant Open Days are an optional extra to help you make your decision. These days are designed for anyone who has been made an offer by BU and would like the opportunity to visit us and learn more about their specific course. These are optional and you are not required to attend.
2. I’ve booked my two tickets for an Applicant Open Day, could I bring another guest?
Due to the high volume of visitors attending these events, we are limited to numbers. If you’re travelling a long distance and arriving early the day before your interview, you would be very welcome to bring along your guests for a visit of the campus, based upon a self-guided tour.
3. Can I have an update on my application?
We appreciate that this is an anxious time, but it does take 6 – 8 weeks for an application to be processed. As soon as our admissions team has reached a decision, this will be updated via UCAS track and MyHub. If you are a Hotmail user, you may wish to check your spam box for messages.
4. If I fall slightly short of the entry requirements, am I likely to be accepted? Is it worth me applying?
Our admissions team looks at applications as a whole, taking into account your personal statement, references, relevant work experience and academic qualifications. If you do fall slightly short of the tariff point requirement then you may still be considered so it is definitely worth putting in an application.
5. I’ve got an unconditional offer, when can I apply for accommodation?
There are two stages to completing the online accommodation application. You will receive an email with deadlines stating when you are eligible to complete each stage. We’d suggest you like our Bournemouth Uni Undergrads 2015 Facebook page to keep an eye on our accommodation updates.