Luci Hamerston Produced by

bu-flag

Here’s a round-up of what you’ve been asking our AskBU team this week…

I’ve not been able to attend any of your Open Days this year and would really like to visit, what should I do?

It’s great to hear of your interest in BU!  Please don’t worry, although the Open Days have now finished until next summer, you’re very welcome to join us for a Campus Visit on 9 December or 6 January.  These events are designed to give you a general overview of life at BU, but we’re unable to arrange for you to see an Academic from your course.  You will however be able to find out more about being a student at BU by attending a presentation on fees and funding, accommodation and student life and put your questions to our experienced team. To register please click here.

Alternatively, you can come along at your leisure for a self-guided tour, to explore our first class facilities without having to pre-book or register online.  We have an open campus policy any time between 9-5 Monday to Friday.

We have 2 campuses. Talbot Campus  is where the majority of our courses are taught, and Lansdowne Campus is for our Health & Social Care courses.  We look forward to meeting you!

Can I have an update on my application?

We appreciate that this is an anxious time, but it does take 6 – 8 weeks for an application to be processed. As soon as our admissions team has reached a decision, this will be updated via UCAS track and MyHub. If you are a Hotmail user, you may wish to check your spam or junk box for emails.

I’ve been invited along for an interview, but can’t make the date, what should I do?

Firstly, congratulations on being shortlisted to attend an interview, that’s great news!  Please don’t worry, just respond via the message through MyHub. If you’re experiencing difficulties with making contact, please email us here at askBUenquiries@bournemouth.ac.uk confirming your full name, UCAS ID number and course title.  Good luck!

What do I need to bring with me for my interview and how should I prepare?

Please ensure that you have replied to any outstanding requests from Admissions prior to attending your interview.  For further details about the day, you may find this link helpful.

My friend and I both have an offer to study at BU and we would like to live together during our studies, how do we go about this?

There is the possibility that you and your friend can live in the same flat. When you sign into the online accommodation system (you’ll be emailed when it is open), you and your friend will need to try to find a flat or house that has two available rooms and book them at roughly the same time.  For more information about the process of booking accommodation, please click here.

Are there any opportunities to become a volunteer at BU during my studies?

Yes, there are lots of ways you can get involved as a volunteer.  There are even events taking place overseas, please click here.

If you’ve got any more questions, please leave a comment below or email askbuenquiries@bournemouth.ac.uk

Future Students Team
Telephone: +44 (0)1202 961916
Live Chat: Monday-Friday 09:30-16:30 hours (GMT) click on the pink live chat icon on our website