Written by Luci Hamerston
With UCAS applications in full swing, AskBU have been answering a lot of your questions this week. Here are just a few that you’ve been asking…
- I’ve applied for one course at another university but am applying for a different course at BU and need to tailor my personal statement. What do I need to do?Please don’t worry, this is a common occurrence. Just attach a copy of your new personal statement and email us here at askBUenquiries@bournemouth.ac.uk confirming your full name, course you’ve applied for and UCAS ID number.For more help on writing your personal statement please click here.
- I was interested in your Digital Media Design and Radio courses, but can’t locate them on the website. Can you help?Regrettably both of these courses have now closed and we won’t be recruiting for the September 2016 intake. However, you may be interested in our Media Production, Music & Sound Production Technology, Music & Sound Production Technology and/or Multimedia Journalism courses. Let us know if you’d like any more information about these.
- What’s the Campus Code for Bournemouth University?We do not have a Campus Code, but our Institution Code is B50.
- What’s the date of your next Open Day?It’s Saturday 21 November, please click here to register as soon as possible, as spaces are going quickly!We realise some of you may have Saturday jobs and are unable to join us. We have an open campus Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, where you’re welcome to come along for a self-guided tour, to explore our facilities and get more of a feel of student life. Head to Talbot Campus for the majority of courses and Lansdowne Campus for our Health & Social Sciences courses.
- I really enjoyed my visit to BU during one of your Open Days! I forgot to find out about what societies you can join when you’re student, where do I find this information?That’s great news, delighted you enjoyed your visit with us! Our Students’ Union (SUBU) hosts a wide variety of societies here at BU. Please click here for more details.
- I’ve just received a conditional offer for BU, when can I book accommodation?Congratulations on your offer, that’s great news!We are just finalising our accommodation release dates for Undergraduate students joining us in September 2016. Details will be available in Spring 2016. We’ll let you know first on our Facebook page and will email you with details of next steps (please make sure ‘bournemouth.ac.uk’ is on your safe senders list so our email doesn’t end up in the junk folder!). In the meantime, you’re welcome to check out the wide variety of accommodation facilities we offer, by clicking here.
If there’s anything else you’d like to know, just leave us a comment!
Future Students Team
Telephone: +44 (0)1202 961916
Live Chat: Monday-Friday 09:30-16:30 hours (GMT) click on the pink live chat icon on our website