Written by

Got an offer to study with us? Fantastic! Here’s how to book accommodation.

There are two stages to your new home:

Stage 1

When you receive a conditional offer you will shortly receive an email with your log in details, which is different to your myHub details, this will enable you to complete stage 1 of the process. More details can be found on our website.

If you’re a Hotmail user, please check your spam or junk box. We recommend adding bournemouth.ac.uk to your safe senders list to ensure you receive our emails.

Great! I have registered my interest. When can I book my room?

There are three release dates, one in June, one in July and one in August, at those times if your offer is showing as unconditional firm (UF) in myHub, we’ll email you with a time slot to book your accommodation just prior to that time.

At this stage 2, you just need to: 

  • Log in to the portal using the same logins you used to complete stage 1
  • Complete your personal profile, search for and then select your room
  • Make the required payment to secure your room (see below).

Will I be able to book accommodation if I applied late after the January deadline or through UCAS Extra?

You’ll be invited to complete stage 1 of the accommodation process; to register your interest in BU accommodation.

Is it possible to book accommodation if BU is an insurance choice?

No, you will only be able to book accommodation once you have met the conditions of our offer and your status of application is displaying as Unconditional Firm (UF) in UCAS Track.

I will be away when the accommodation portal goes live and unable to access emails, what should I do?

You’ll need to give your login details to someone you trust to book your accommodation on your behalf.

Please be aware that the person you give your login details to will have access to all of your personal information, and that your login details will remain the same throughout your studies at BU, potentially also giving that person access to your personal information in the future.

Please read our full disclaimer (pdf 21kb) before passing your login details to anyone to complete the accommodation booking process on your behalf.

Don’t forget: our accommodation is guaranteed for …

All new undergraduate students who submit their UCAS application by midnight on 30 June (UK, EU and non-EU international students), or by midnight on 4 July for UCAS Extra applications (UK/EU students), and make BU their firm choice.

Great news for all those living in a BH postcode: you are now eligible for halls of residence!

Studying Nursing, Midwifery or Operating Department Practice? Please check where your placement will be: best to live nearby your hospital.  

For students studying Midwifery, Operating Department Practice or a Nursing course, you are advised to find accommodation close to your placement locality, which may not be in Bournemouth. Placements will be confirmed within your offer letter, please email ukadmissions@bournemouth.ac.uk for further help. Our NHS accommodation pages have comprehensive information about the rooms available in different locations and how to apply for them.

When can I move in?

Once you’ve completed stage 2 and your accommodation has been confirmed, you will be sent an email inviting you to carry out an online induction. In this process, you will be able to book a time slot for your arrival during the weekend of 15 and 16 September.

What do I need to bring with me?

Most of the rooms in our Halls of Residence are singles and all rooms come equipped with furniture, a mattress, some storage, a desk and chair. If you’re not sure what to bring, our advice is not to over-pack, so bring essentials such as clothes, bedding, a towel, and a few cooking utensils, crockery items and some cutlery.

Saying that, if you’re an international student, you may prefer to buy bedding, kitchen utensils and other items when you arrive in the UK. You can easily find the items you need at local supermarkets or you can order a bedding or kitchen pack in advance at: www.unikititout.com; www.click2campus.com.

If I have a question when I move in, is there somebody I can talk to?

Our student Resident Assistants live in your hall or local area, and will organise social activities, and be a friendly point of contact if you have any questions or worries. There will also be a Welfare Co-ordinator available. The Res Life team can also be contacted by their individual Facebook page.

Any questions? Contact us.

Leave a reply

  • (will not be published)