BSc (Hons)Adult Nursing

Having already completed a degree, I could say that coming back to university would be my greatest achievement to date.

Coming to BU has given me loads of opportunities to expand my experiences and improve my CV for employment. I represent the university at sport and have been part of TeamBU’s lacrosse team since starting my first year. We also made the playoff’s last season and nearly got promoted into the BUCS premiership.

Scott Bruce - LacrosseIn addition I decided to become a student rep for my cohort, meaning I get the opportunity to represent students at a programme and faculty level, making changes to courses and student satisfaction. It’s a great way to improve my CV and also get involved with my course at a higher level. This year I was elected as a senior rep and now represent all nursing and clinical science students in the faculty of HSS. This is a more advanced role which enables me to take student feedback to a higher level within SUBU and the university. It’s nice knowing that students can come to me with problems and also good knowing that I can help make a difference to students within my faculty.

I’d say the thing I’m most proud of is the knowledge of knowing that when I qualify I’ll be making a real difference to my future patients. I’ve met some incredible people, both students and patients during my time on placement and there’s a great sense of camaraderie seeing other students in placement and knowing that we’re all there for the same reasons. I’ve even had the pleasure to see a former patient of mine, who was being treated for cancer and who is now in remission and very much on the mend. That was an awesome feeling!