This is a guest blog post by Abhishek Gupta. Abhishek is currently studying LLM Intellectual Property.

Hello everyone!

I’m Abhishek Gupta, and I’m currently enrolled at Bournemouth University for an LLM. I wanted to take a moment to talk about my pleasant experience earning this degree and participating in this university.

First and foremost, I have discovered over my months of study so far, that the LLM programme meets up to my expectations. I feel like I am getting the most out of my studies because of the excellent materials and teachers I have access to. I now have a thorough grasp of the legal system thanks to the programme, and I am confident in bringing this knowledge into my future career.

talbot campus is pictured on a clear sunny day, students walk across the central pathway with with two buildings behind them.

Talbot Campus is where we’re taught for our LLM, based in Weymouth house.

The reputation of Bournemouth University is one of the reasons I opted to study here. BU is recognised for its excellent teaching and research, and I believed that studying here would give me the best experience feasible. The university’s location, in a lovely coastal town, was also a big lure for me. After a hard day of studying, I enjoy taking a walk along the beach or exploring the vibrant town centre.

The course itself, namely LLM Intellectual Property, I have appreciated numerous aspects of it. We’ve had some terrific guest speakers who have shared distinct perspectives on the legal profession.

head of department for humanities & Law introduces legal professionals as guest speakers. she stands in front of a lectern and microphone wearing a long red dress and gold jewellery.

Humanities & Law Head of Department, Katharine Cox addresses the group before introducing industry speakers.

I genuinely like the opportunity for networking and connecting with other students and professors. The placement opportunities have been very beneficial since they have allowed me to obtain practical experience and apply what I’ve learned in the classroom to legal settings.

It is crucial for anyone considering this degree to recognise that this program is fast-paced and rigorous, requiring a significant investment of time and effort. Nonetheless, the benefits of this program are worth the challenge, and I highly recommend it to those seeking a comprehensive and intensive legal education.

Overall, studying at Bournemouth University has been a fantastic experience, so far. The campus is contemporaneous and well-equipped, and students have access to a wealth of resources. As a student ambassador, I’ve had the chance to share my good experiences with potential students and assist them in exploring the institution and their course.

I would highly recommend pursuing an LLM degree here. The quality of teaching, resources, and location make it a fantastic choice for anyone looking to further their legal education. I am grateful for the opportunities I have had as a BU student and look forward to what the future holds.

I hope this has been helpful to anyone considering studying Law at BU!