Produced by Hannah
BA (Hons) Social Work
From retail stores to gyms, restaurants, take aways, public transports, days out, you’ll never be short finding a student discount, and why should you not make the most of them if it’s free to register? You can sign up to student deals by registering with Totum, UniDays or Student Beans or by showing your student ID card in person. This blog sets to brings you 10 great student discounts.
- Apple offers various student discounts throughout the year. The amount does depend on the time of year and what you’re wanting to purchase, but this can be a great saver on any Apple tech that you may need as part of your course. Apple offers an ‘education’ pricing, where you can save big on a new iPad or Mac. This deal is available by registering through UNiDAYs, verifying your student status and is available to all current and newly accepted university students, parents buying on their behalf, teachers and staff at all levels.
- Just Eat! If you’re feeling hungry on a Tuesday night and don’t fancy the idea of cooking, Just Eat offer 20% off any orders over £15 every Tuesday. You’re in luck if you’re based near Bournemouth centre as you’ll be spoilt for choice with a huge amount of restaurants and take aways nearby that are available to choose from.
- Whilst on the topic of food, you can even get free food from McDonald’s. Yep, FREE food. If you’re buying an extra-value or wrap meal, you can grab yourself a free Cheeseburger, Mayo Chicken or McFlurry alongside it. That’s a free side or dessert, essentially with a meal, saving you around £1. This deal is unlimited, so you can use it daily or weekly, and there’s no restrictions.
- Amazon Prime offer a great student discount, also. Student Prime offers you a 50% discount across monthly memberships, bringing the total cost down to £4.49 per month. For this price you can access unlimited streaming of TV shows, movies, music and ad-free podcasts, kindle books and unlimited photo storage. Prime members can also access free next day delivery on thousands of items, as well as some postcodes being able to access same-day delivery for free.
- If you’re a thrill-seeker, you can register with Student Beans and access £20 tickets to Alton Towers. This is the same deal that Thorpe Park offers for students, which is more than a 50% saving off a on the day ticket.
- For those moving away from home, that would be interested in regular train usage, Student Beans offers 20% off your digital Railcard. It costs £30 for the year, pre-discount, so you’d be saving £6 off this, and the digital card allows you to get 30% off all train journeys you make across the year.
- The Gym Group offers students a 6-month membership at £89 for the term and no joining fee. For that price you can access unlimited gym 24 hours a day, access to a second gym, free classes, and discounts across The Gym Shop.
- Looking for a new mobile plan? 3 Mobile currently offers students a 50% discount for 6 months on unlimited data tariffs, alongside a free gift from 3 Mobile.
9. If pizza is your calling, then you might make good use of a generous offer from Pizza Express, where you can get 30% all food and drink from Sunday-Thursday. All cards from TOTUM, UniDAYS and Student Beans are accepted for this. Alternatively, Dominos Pizza off a 35% off online purchases of £25 and over.
10. A more practical discount might be from The Co-operative. All students can show ID for 10% off your groceries and toiletries.