This is a guest blog by current student Alice.

I moved to Bournemouth on Saturday the 16th September 2017 and what a whirlwind it was! So I thought for any freshers out there who are about to join Bournemouth University, I would break down my first few days in Bournemouth to give an overview of my arrivals experience.

Day 1:

After a few stressful hours getting everything packed into the car and travelling to Bournemouth, I had made it! I arrived at uni where I was greeted by the friendly ResLifeBU team (more information about them here) who explained to me about the fun events that they had got lined up for freshers as well as showing me where I could collect my keys from.

After that, me and my family drove to my accommodation where I met my other flatmates and started to unpack! This was a bittersweet moment, I knew it was nearing the time where me and my family would part once I had unpacked, but I also loved finally unpacking all of the decorations that I had bought over the summer and seeing them setup in my room.

Once I had said my goodbyes to my family and the day was drawing to a close, I sat down with my housemates where we were able to get to know each other more and talk about our courses. This is where the day ended as we had our university enrolment the next day.

Day 2:

The second day in Bournemouth didn’t go as smoothly as it could have, as I accidentally read the bus timetable wrong and missed the bus to uni! Thankfully there were taxis around! That’s something I really recommend you doing – check out how the buses work the day before, so you understand the timetable etc. I hadn’t really taken buses before uni so I learnt a lot!

Once I had arrived at uni I was shown to a lecture room where we had a welcoming talk explaining how the day was going to work. We were also told our seminar groups that we would be in for the rest of the year. The day continued with various other welcome talks before we had a lunch break – this is where I met one of my best friends so don’t worry about making friends, remember everyone is in the same boat as you!

After lunch we were provided with some more literature and told how our timetables would work for the following week and then that was the day finished!

Day 3:

On the third day we were back in uni ready for enrolment! We entered the sports hall where we confirmed our course details with various staff members before having our photo taken for our student ID card. Your student ID card will be used for exams and it’s great to prove that you’re a student in order to qualify for student discounts in shops and buses! Your card will also have your student ID number on it that you will use to login into your emails and to access your course units online via Brightspace.

After enrolment was complete, so was the day and I returned back to my accommodation where I FaceTimed with my family catching them up on the day and continued to make adjustments to my room.

I then had the rest of the week free as uni officially started the week after so I would recommend that you try and find a few places that you would like to explore so that you can really make the most out of your first week!

Hopefully this has given you a little insight as to how your first few days at uni may plan out – remember, relax! The fun and adventures are just about to begin…

My 1st year room!