Kamila Bianchi (Brazil)

I am Kamila Bianchi, from Brazil! I am studying a Masters in 3D Computer Animation at BU.  Last month I had the opportunity to visit the Jurassic Coast on a one-day tour. I didn’t realise England had so many amazing natural places like this before moving to Bournemouth. The Jurassic Coast is England’s only natural UNESCO World Heritage Site. The nicest stops for me on this trip were:

Great Globe

One of the largest stone spheres in the world, showing the world map of the year it was created: 1887. Can you spot your country here?

Corfe Castle

Built by William the Conqueror, the castle dates back to the 11th century and it was one of the earliest castles in England to be partly built using stone. The village around it is also super cute.

Durdle Door – Durdle Door is one of Dorset’s most photographed and iconic landmarks. It was eroded by time and nature and created this beautiful and unique shape. Around this area there are many shops, restaurants and places to view this iconic feature.

Either by car, bicycle or a group tour like I did, I definitely recommend getting out of Bournemouth to explore the beautiful county of Dorset.

By Kamila Bianchi, Brazil, MA 3D Computer Animation, 2017/18