The first AFC Bournemouth Premier League season was extremely successful and I think one of the reasons for this success, at least in how the home games were managed, was the great job done by BU Ambassadors.

This season we have significantly expanded the ambassador programme, recruiting eight new ambassadors. Our new student ambassadors have quickly learned all the ins-and-outs of the club and became part of a team of the key match day employees.

AFC Bournemouth AmbassadorEvery home game we have been managing the Disabled Lounge, helped with running the Junior FanZone, facilitated the Club Shop and ran various other projects. This was a great opportunity for us to improve our key skills and use these skills in improving the club. Moreover, we have had a chance to meet various fans, people and even celebrities and footballers.

We have seen some great games, goals and wins. We supported the club and have been taken through a range of emotions together. Finally, we stayed together and managed to survive in the Premier League.

For me personally there have been some very remarkable moments this season.

One that will stick in my mind was during the drama against Everton, when we drew 3:3. There was a kid sitting behind me. You could have seen that during this game his heart, soul and belief belonged to Cherries. Emotions that I have seen on his face during this game I will probably never forget. He was very sad when we were 0:2 down. He started smiling and dancing when we equalised. A few minutes after that, when Everton scored 3rd, this kid started crying. He kept crying when we equalized again in the extra time, but the only thing that changed was the smile that appeared on his face. He was smiling and crying.

These emotions and memories are priceless and I would like to thank the Cherries for all these remarkable memories and emotions, and the opportunity to work at the club this season.

Now we are getting ready for our second season in the Premier League and believe that our greatest achievement is yet to come because when BU and AFCB are Together – Anything is Possible!

By Glebs Kiselovs, BU Student Ambassador at AFC Bournemouth