Luci Hamerston Produced by

OD Student Centre

Have you got questions about BU? We’ve picked out some of your frequently asked questions…

1. I’ve just received a conditional offer for BU, when can I book my accommodation?

Congratulations, that’s great news!

We are just finalising our release dates for undergraduate students joining us in September 2016. We will share these details in spring 2016. We’ll let you know first on our Facebook page and will email you with details of next steps (please make sure ‘bournemouth.ac.uk’ is on your safe senders list so our email doesn’t end up in junk!). In the meantime, you’re welcome to check out the wide variety of accommodation facilities we offer, by clicking here.

1. I’ve missed the deadline for UCAS applications, is it too late to apply?

Not at all! We would strongly recommend you submit your application as soon as possible through www.ucas.com.

Our admissions team reviews applications on individual merit and views everything as a whole. We take in to consideration your academic background, any related work experience, references and your personal statement. For us to be able to make a decision, we will need to be fully equipped with everything to assess your suitability for the course, including your references.

1. I’ve been invited for an interview and as I live a distance away, I’ll be travelling down the day before, where can I stay?

Congratulations on being invited along for an interview, that’s great news!

I’m sorry we are unable to help with accommodation during your visit to Bournemouth. You’re very welcome to visit the Bournemouth Tourist Information website by clicking here. If your interview is based at our Lansdowne Campus there is both a Travelodge and Premier Inn situated in Christchurch Road, which is approximately a 10 minute walk.

There is also a Premier Inn situated at the Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel (BH2 5QU), 3 miles away from our Talbot Campus.

1. I’m trying to book for an Applicant Open Day, what is my student reference number?

That’s great news!  Your student reference number begins with a 4, and is confirmed with you when we receive your application from UCAS.

1. I have booked for an Applicant Open Day, but can only book one ticket. Both my parents want to come – is there any way I can get an extra ticket?

We appreciate you wish to bring both parents to the day, but I’m afraid due to a high volume of visitors joining us for these days we’re limited to offering a maximum of one ticket per booking.

However, if you want to bring more than one guest, there are areas where your visitors can sit or look around. Unfortunately they may not be able to participate in the talks. We appreciate how important family members and friends’ opinions are in making such a big decision.

Alternatively, if you’ll be travelling a long distance, you’re very welcome to visit the day before and take a self-guided tour, with no need to book an appointment. Please click here for further details.

1. I can’t make the Applicant Open Day, please cancel my tickets.

As these tickets are booked through Eventbrite, please click here to follow the instructions to cancel your tickets.

In the meantime you would be very welcome to reschedule to another date or visit us on a self-guided tour another day. We have an open campus policy during working hours (we recommend Monday – Friday) and you do not need to book for the self-guided tour. During your visit you may wish to visit the Lansdowne Campus, where the majority of our accommodation is located. We have lots of photos online of the accommodation options available, but you will be unable go inside the student living quarters.

If you’ve got a question that we haven’t covered, just leave us a comment below!

Future Students Team
Telephone: +44 (0)1202 961916
Live Chat: Monday-Friday 09:30-16:30 hours (GMT) click on the pink live chat icon on our website