Here’s what you’ve been asking the askBU team this week…

1. I’m interested in studying either your Film Production & Cinematography or Photography course, where would my studies be based?

These courses are delivered at the Wiltshire College Salisbury, a BU Partner College. All aspects of your course from teaching, accommodation and student life will be based at the above partner college. On graduation from this course you will receive a degree from Bournemouth University. You would be welcome to book onto an Open Day at Wiltshire College Salisbury to gain a full understanding of the course and location.

2. I’ve been invited along for an interview and as I live a distance away, I’ll be travelling down the day before, where can I stay?

Congratulations on being invited along for an interview, that’s great news!

I’m sorry we are unable to help with accommodation during your visit to Bournemouth. You’re very welcome to visit the Bournemouth Tourist Information website. If your interview is based at our Lansdowne Campus there is a Travelodge and Premier Inn situated in Christchurch Road, approximately a 10 minute walk.

There is a Premier Inn situated at the Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel, 3 miles away from our Talbot Campus.

3. I’ve got an NVQ and City & Guilds. Would this meet the entry requirements for me to apply for a degree course?

We accept a wide variety of qualifications as each course has different entry requirements. The NVQ and City & Guilds look good on your personal statement, but as they are vocational qualifications they would not go towards the academic entry requirements.

4. I’ve been offered a place to study at BU, when can I apply for accommodation?

Congratulations, that’s great news! There are 2 stages to completing the online accommodation application. You will receive an email with deadlines stating when you are eligible to complete each stage.

In the meantime, I would suggest you like our undergraduate 2015 Facebook page to keep an eye on our accommodation updates.

5. I have booked for an Applicant Open Day, but can only book 2 tickets. Both my parents want to come – is there any way I can get an extra ticket?

I appreciate you wish to bring both parents to the day, but I’m afraid due to a high volume of visitors joining us for these days we’re limited to offering a maximum of 2 tickets per booking. We need to ensure all prospective students have the opportunity to sit in the talks/workshops as there is only one session per day.

Saying that, if you want to bring more than 1 guest, as we appreciate how important family members and friends’ opinions are in making such a big decision, there are areas that your visitors can sit or look around but they may not be able to participate in the talks.

Alternatively, if you’ll be travelling a long distance, you’re very welcome to visit the day before based upon a self-guided tour, no need to book an appointment. Please click here to download further details.

6. I can’t make the Applicant Open Day, please can you cancel my tickets?

In light of the tickets for these events being booked through Eventbrite, please click here to follow the instructions to cancel your tickets.

In the meantime you would be very welcome to reschedule to another date or visit us on a self-guided tour another day. We have an open-campus policy during working hours (we recommend Mon-Fri) and you do not need to book for the self-guided tour. Please click here to download further details. During your visit you may wish to visit the Lansdowne Campus, where the majority of our accommodation is located. We have lots of photos online of the accommodation options available, but you will be unable visit inside the student living quarters.

Got another question? Comment below or email askBUenquiries@bournemouth.ac.uk

2 Responses to “What do you want to know?”

1. Aslam Admani

I’ve got an applicants visit day scheduled for this Saturday (14th March). My visit is focused on the Talbot campus, where would I be able to stay the night before? And would there be any buses which could take me directly from the town center to Talbot campus?

Reply
    • Sara

Hi Aslam thank you for your message, that’s great to hear you’ll be joining us this Saturday, for our Applicant Open Day!

There is a Premier Inn situated at the Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHotel/BOUCEN/bournemouth-westcliffe, 3 miles away from Talbot Campus.

You may wish to either arrange a taxi to take you directly to Talbot Campus. Alternatively you could take a taxi to Bournemouth Travel Interchange and pick up a free BU shuttle bus. The first bus leaves at 9:00 am and runs every 15 minutes until 10:50 am and then every 40 minutes. The last bus will leave Talbot Campus at 4:30pm back to the Travel Interchange.

Look out for our student ambassadors in bright pink hoodies who will show you where to catch the bus from the Travel Interchange.

I hope this information is helpful, please feel free to contact us here at askBU Future Students Team if you would like further details before your visit. Our email address is askBUenquiries@bournemouth.ac.uk

We look forward to welcoming you to BU on Saturday!

Warm regards.

Sara askBU Student Recruitment Adviser

Reply