Some are making final university choices, while others are just starting to explore uni options. Here are your top five questions this week:

1. I’m an international student and have been awarded the Academic Excellence Scholarship. Does accepting it reduce my chances of getting other scholarships such as the Commonwealth Scholarship I have also applied for?

You usually only receive one scholarship from us and if you should be successful in your applications for more than one then you would receive the higher value award. The Commonwealth scholarship if awarded would mean you would not be eligible for a BU scholarship as this award is a full reduction of fees.

2. I’ll be joining BU in September, when do I start and move in to my accommodation?

Congratulations! The new academic term (or “new arrivals week”) will start the week commencing 21 September 2015. Move in weekend will be 19 and 20 September 2015; our Accommodation Team will email each student their allocated time slot. For more details about academic dates, please click here.

3. Are visitors allowed to stay in student halls?

You may have an occasional guest, provided that this doesn’t cause nuisance to other residents. You are responsible for your guest complying with the Licence and Residence Rules and Information.

4. I’ll be starting BU in September and want to book a holiday next year – when is the end of the academic year for those joining in 2015?

Sounds great! This will be Friday 24 June 2016 – this also applies to all non-NHS undergraduate courses within the Faculty of Health & Social Sciences. Those students that are undertaking courses with fieldwork, practice or placements will finish on 8 July 2016.

5. I’m thinking of studying an undergraduate course at BU in 2016, is there an Open Day I can attend?

This is great news! We’ve just started taking bookings for our summer Open Days on Saturdays 13 June and 4 July 2015. We would be pleased to welcome you along with a family member or friend to explore our facilities here at BU, attend a variety of presentations and chat with the Academic Team. Please click here to register your place. We look forward to meeting you!