Sandra Achim (Romania)

I’m Sandra Achim from Romania, studying MSc Events Management. Being a student in Bournemouth is exceptionally fun. It’s not just all about lectures. There are also lots of opportunities to interact with other students, such as parties, outings, and social life. Here are some of the things that I like to do, which might interest you during your studies in Bournemouth!

Fun, food and shopping

In my free time, I like going to restaurants to try new food with my friends. Sometimes we go to the cinema or to the amazing beach in Bournemouth. I also like to shop, so Bournemouth is the perfect place with numerous shops where I can find everything I need.

If you like the outdoors, but don’t fancy the beach, there are also loads of other stuff to do such walking through the Lower Gardens, playing mini-golf, or just having a nice dinner.

What is great about the uni is that there are places to eat and drink even on campus, so you will be able to socialise between lectures with your friends.

Party the night away

Bournemouth offers a varied selection of nightlife activities! If you like to party, there are plenty of pubs and bars you can visit for a few drinks with your friends. You will also find several nightclubs if you like to dance and meet new people.

Bournemouth University even has its own nightclub – The Old Fire Station – with a lot of events and parties. There are other clubs such as Cameo, Halo, Yates, Lost Garden, Bonsai, and O2 Academy. Or, for a nice casual drink with good prices, choose from loads of pubs and bars around town.

When the sun comes out

In my free time at daylight, I like to visit places near Bournemouth, such as Durdle Door, Stonehenge, and Isle of Wight. This helps me try new things, take good pictures, and best of all… make memories.

The social side of BU is great, because most of the accommodation is based on the Lansdowne campus, which is near Bournemouth town centre. This means you’re in touching distance to all your friends and within walking distance of a night out, so you can save your money by walking.

Bournemouth is absolutely amazing. This town has everything you need to help you socialise. All you should do is to take the chance and welcome all opportunities. You’ll never get bored!

By Sandra Achim, Romania, MSc Events Management, 2017/18