Over 70 students took part in BU’s fourth annual undergraduate research conference: Showcasing Undergraduate Research Excellence (SURE).

The conference is an excellent opportunity for undergraduates and recent graduates to share their work and develop their presentation skills to other students, academics, staff and attendees from external organisations. As well as demonstrating academic successes, it gives students the opportunity to take part in a professional conference and network with individuals who could help to develop their research on a greater scale.

A range of prizes were awarded – full details are below – with the top prize of a BU Master’s fee waiver awarded to final year BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy student, Eleanor Daniel, for ‘Best Overall Contribution’.

Talking about her experience of the whole day, Eleanor shared:

“I’m still completely in shock, I didn’t expect to hear my name announced. Presenting at the conference was a good experience for developing my presentation skills and it was nice to receive positive feedback about my own research. It was also exciting to have the opportunity to engage with research undertaken by other students across various BU faculties – there was such a high standard of presentations and posters showcased throughout the day.”

We’re looking forward to hearing from Eleanor next year when she starts her postgraduate degree. She why other BU graduates return to BU for their Master’s degree.