This is a guest blog by current student Diana Pelino who is studying BA (Hons) Computer Animation Art and Design.

Many people have asked me: “Why did you choose BU?” First of all, I chose BU for my course – it has the reputation of being the best 3D animation course
in the country. Secondly, the town is lovely. Bournemouth is perfect for international students as the town is not as overwhelming as somewhere like London. Obviously it still has all the facilities that students need – disco clubs, cheap supermarkets, cinemas, shopping centres and loads of pubs and international cuisine restaurants! What do I love? Definitely organising movie-nights with my friends to watch the most recent film at the Odeon Cinema or having a barbecue by the sea. Places like the Russell-Cotes Museum make me think of my home country: the finesse of those historical masterpieces are similar to Italian art. The multicultural aspect of the town is impressive and I think it’s a peculiarity that makes Bournemouth friendly and unique: the miles of sandy beaches are a beautiful frame in which the perks of the town are depicted.
Moreover, BU gives you the opportunity to work part-time and socialise. Doing so has made me feel part of a community, so I rarely feel homesick. And it is thanks to this richness that I’m proud to study here, by doing the most from this uni experience and enjoying my time as a BU student.