Written by Danielle
BA (Hons) Marketing Communications
So today really is the day – the 5th July marks an exciting opportunity for many of you as Bournemouth University Clearing is now open! This is a little blog about applying to Bournemouth University through Clearing (and a little secret… it’s quick, easy and stress-free).
What is Clearing?
Clearing is organised by UCAS and is the last opportunity for you to find a place at university in the September of a particular intake. Clearing is for students who:
- Haven’t got the results they expected and therefore have been unable to secure their first or second choice of course
- Sent their application to UCAS after 30 June
- Haven’t already applied through UCAS before the deadline and would like to make an new application
When is Clearing?
Clearing is open between July and September. Most universities will publish their Clearing course vacancies on A-level results day with many opening for Clearing before this.
Attend a BU Clearing Open Day
- Wednesday 1 August
- Friday 17 August
- Saturday 18 August
- Wednesday 22 August
At Clearing Open Days, you will have the opportunity to
- Go on a campus tour with one of the current students
- Find out more about life at BU, including your accommodation options
- Ask staff and current students any questions you may have.
Good luck with your applications and hopefully BU will be welcoming you to your home away from home, this September! If you have any questions please call us on +44 (0)1202 966777.