I was lucky enough to do my undergrad degree at Bournemouth University and I loved it! I had such a good time and I wasn’t ready to leave just yet. I had done my undergrad in Finance but I wanted to expand my knowledge in one of my passions, sport.

Thus, why not get the best of both worlds, stay in a place I love and do a Masters. Bournemouth is such a special place and it’s an amazing environment for learning. The university itself is coming up in the world and the sky’s the limit at the moment, and I want to be here for that transformation, to be able to have positive impact on the institution for future students to enjoy and benefit from!

I love my course because it’s practical and informative. I really enjoy the work and content as it is something I can relate to and relish the opportunity to learn more about the sporting world. The class is amazing as everyone is from different parts of the world yet we all have the like mindedness and passion for the same career path. The lecturers are extremely helpful and can’t be faulted, they really have the best ability to get the most out of us!

Weymouth Olympics legacy

We normally have a weekly visit to a sports venue in the surrounding area and they are so beneficial, as they demonstrate key principles and theories that are directly relatable to our course work. The trips are an eye-opening experience into what we can expect in our potential future careers, and safe to say I have definitely made the right decision. This has included a trip to the Weymouth sailing academy, to illustrate the Olympic legacy plan in place!

My course is the only one in the UK that is endorsed by the Club Managers Association of Europe! This definitely puts me in a position that sets me apart from the rest! I am getting first-hand experience and life skills that are relatable and applicable.

Nathan Perren

MSc Sports Management