Zlatna Nedeva Produced by

BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism

As an EU student, I did not get the chance to visit Bournemouth university or the halls when I was making my decision. When I was choosing my new home away from home I had to do it just by looking at the photos on the website, searching on google maps for locations, and comparing the prices to other halls. My choice was Chesil House, and I actually loved it!

Chesil House for me is one of the most underrated halls. It is indeed the smallest one, and one of the quietest, but this is actually a big plus. The small size of it makes it easier to get to know people, and it is quiet which means that if you have an important deadline or you just love your sleep you are not going to be disturbed. At the same time, it is really close to the rest of the halls so if you are more of a party person you can just jump to one of the party-famous Purbeck House or Cranborne House.

My room was a standard en-suite room with a single bed, large built-in desk, and enough space which you can make your own (just try to not leave marks on the walls). Sharing the flat with six other people makes the whole experience even better. You really do become like a little family.

The local Co-op is right under the halls, which is perfect for late night snacks, and for the weekly food shopping – ASDA is just a 5-minute walk away. The bus to Talbot Campus is around the corner from the halls. Being in Lansdowne means that you are only a 5-minute walk away from the Old Fire Station and a 15-minute walk from the beach, and the town centre.

I absolutely enjoyed my first year of uni living at Chesil House and even if I had to do it again Chesil would definitely be my choice!