BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing

One of my favourite things about Bournemouth is that there are so many activities that you can do around the local areas, other than the standard student plan of going out drinking at the weekend!

Over the last two years I’ve been lucky enough to have done loads of different things in Bournemouth and Poole, during the week and over the weekends. For me, I wanted to make sure I made the most of going out and exploring the area when I moved here. I didn’t want to spend 3 years in a place and not know it. As a nursing student I’ve learned to plan ahead and especially during the times when I am on placement, I’ve really valued the task of forward planning and this has helped me to get involved with the local events even around my busy student nursing schedule.

My absolute favourite thing to do in Bournemouth has to be going to the beach. No matter what time of the year, the views along to Poole and across to the Isle of Wight are breath-taking and the golden sandy beaches are amazing. Whether it’s going for a paddle and sunbathe in the summer or wrapping up in a coat and scarf for a walk in the winter, nothing makes me happier than heading to the beach!
fave-things-to-do-in-bournemouth-and-poole-2

There are  lots of other things I like to do in Bournemouth and Poole. Sometimes if I want to go into town to go shopping I’ll go to Poole instead, to get a change of scenery. Also, in Poole is the quay and I love looking over to Brownsea Island!

I’ve also tried to explore other parts of Dorset and the New Forest. The New Forest is so beautiful with so much open countryside. Me and my housemates went camping at the end of summer in the New Forest and had the most amazing weekend, exploring the area and making memories I’ll never forget. Being out in the open and witnessing such beautiful scenery is lovely.

fave-things-to-do-in-bournemouth-and-poole-1

I also like to try and spend my weekends at special events, such as the Wheels festival, air show, and the Christmas market. These annual events are always something I look forward to, to be able to do something a bit different and keep things interesting.

There are so many amazing things you can do in Bournemouth, Poole, and surrounding areas. Try and make the most of all the things these areas have to offer while at university, get to know where you live, and enjoy how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful place!

By Beth Cordon