Luci Hamerston Produced by

flash mob 2Do you have questions about deferring your place? We’ve put together a special edition of ‘top things asked’ to bring you our deferrals special!

1. I’m a deferred student, when can I start applying for accommodation?  How is this communicated to me?

We’re just finalising our release dates for undergraduate students joining us in September 2016, they’ll be available in Spring 2016. We’ll send you an email to let you know once the portal is open with details of your next steps, it is worth keeping an eye on our Facebook page too.  Please make sure ‘bournemouth.ac.uk’ is on your safe senders list so our email doesn’t end up in junk!

In the meantime, you’re welcome to check out the wide variety of accommodation facilities we offer, by clicking here.

The accommodation process is completed in two stages (If you deferred last year then you will be included as part of this process again this year even if you had started the process last year):

1) You need to express your interest in BU accommodation

2) You will then be included with those applicants with UF status, where you’ll be able to choose a room and pay your deposit.

1. What are the deadlines for the Disabled Students’ Allowance from Student Finance England?

You’ll need to re-apply for student finance, this cannot be done until 2016 usually from February time onwards but please check the Student Finance England website for updates.

If you had applied for the Disability Support Allowance you should re-apply for this as well, this needs to be done after you have applied for your Student Loan.

1. Is myHUB kept open or do I need to re-open this?

Once you have applied to BU you will receive a myHub username and password in which you are able to update and track your application.

All correspondence will go through myHub.  Once you have signed in, you can amend your password to something more memorable if you prefer!

1. Should I let UCAS know I am deferring?

If you have already applied for a course through www.ucas.com and would now like to defer your place, you need to email us here at askBUenquiries@bournemouth.ac.uk so we can inform admissions to see if this is possible.

If you have yet to apply and already know you want a deferral, you can actually select your year of choice/entry as 2017. There will be a drop down menu on UCAS.

1. When do I get my timetable and welcome pack?

Arrivals fortnight begins on 19 September 2016 (see academic dates), with a wide range of events to help students transition in to university life.

Students will receive all of the details that they need to know in preparation for their arrival to BU, in addition to all of the events that will be taking place when they receive their Welcome Pack in August.

1. If I was awarded scholarships/bursaries am I still entitled to them or do I need to re-apply for them?

You won’t need to reapply; when you enrol you’ll just need to take your offer letter on enrolment day for the award to be honoured.  As a deferred applicant you will be viewed under the different 2016/17 criteria and not the previous 2015/16.

If you’ve got any more questions, just leave us a comment!

Future Students Team
Telephone: +44 (0)1202 961916
Live Chat: Monday-Friday 09:30-16:30 hours (GMT) click on the pink live chat icon on our website