Luci Hamerston Produced by

bu-flag

Here’s a look at the questions you’ve been asking this week…

Is BU still open for Clearing 2015?

I’m sorry, but we’re now closed for Clearing and our new academic term has now started for September 2015.  However, we’re now recruiting for our 2016 courses, so please visit our course listings for more details.  You can apply directly through www.ucas.com up until 15 January 2016, 6pm.

I would like to transfer from my current uni to BU, is this possible?

We may consider transfers from other universities.  Acceptance of an applicant depends on whether we have a place in the requested year of entry and if the course modules you have already covered at your current Higher Education Institution are compatible with what we offer on our course. Please take a look at our online course search for a course which is similar to your current one.

Unfortunately, you would not be able to transfer during term time. Should you wish to transfer, you would have to complete your current year at your current university, with the possibility of starting at Bournemouth University in September 2016. You should note that, while possible, transfers into the final year are extremely rare.

I’ve made a mistake with my first choice uni and would like to take up my second choice, which was BU.

We’re sorry to say that we’re now closed for applications for this academic year, but you’re welcome to apply through UCAS for our 2016 intake.

I’m doing an Access HE course to be considered for one of your nursing courses and wondered what units I need to consider?  What would be a typical offer?              

That’s great news!  We consider all of the units covered within the Access HE course, feel free to choose the options you would like to study.  A typical offer for all of our nursing courses could be 21 Level 3 Credits at Merit or Distinction in Science subjects.

I’m coming along to your Open Day on 24 October and am interested in your Nursing courses. I would also like to learn more about other courses you offer, do I need to book again?

We’re pleased to hear you’ll be joining us for our Open Day.  You don’t need to worry about re-booking for courses you’re interested in studying here at BU.  On the day, you can learn more about studying Nursing delivered by our Faculty of Health & Social Sciences, based at our Lansdowne Campus (BH1 3LH).  Non NHS funded courses and the majority of our course talks will take place at our Talbot Campus (BH12 5BB).  A shuttle bus will be available on the day to provide transport.  Further details will be emailed to you and available via our website nearer the time of the Open Day.

I work on a Saturday and am unable to join you for your Open Days.  Please could I visit BU on another day?

We would be pleased to welcome you along to BU on another day to explore our facilities and get more of a feel of student life. We have an open-campus policy during working hours, and there’s no need to pre-book, you can undertake a self-guided tour.

The majority of our studies are based within our Talbot campus site. For further details, please click here.

You would also be welcome to visit the Lansdowne Campus, where our Faculty of Health & Social Sciences and accommodation are located.  Unfortunately you will be unable to see inside the accommodation, as people are living there.

Do you have any more questions? Let us know in the comments!

Future Students Team
Telephone: +44 (0)1202 961916
Live Chat: Monday-Friday 09:30-16:30 hours (GMT) click on the pink live chat icon on our website