By Francis Asenso  

Graduate from MA Cinematography for Digital Film and Television

EMtransferSMALL1

After completing my studies doing MA Cinematography in Film and Television at Bournemouth University, I went on to work for an advertising agency as their Head of Production for a year. During that time I worked with the casting director for America’s got talent and Media Buyer and Planner for companies such as Nokia, Samsung, VW etc. Due to our great collaboration on a television campaign we founded Eclectic Motion which I still carry on my role as the Head of Production and Creative Director.

The company started off with no capital and within the first three months of trading, turned over £150,000 with sheer hard work and the knowledge I gained from my time at Bournemouth University. The constant talks from creatives from the Media Industry that was arranged by the university gave me the confidence and encouragement to succeed.

Eclectic Motion found a niche in the advertising industry and started to introduce SME businesses to television. We have increase business from 70% to 320% for companies such as Watch Hut, Watch Warehouse, Jorg Gray, Conservatory Roof Projects and now are in the process of working with designer brands Ferrari, Caterpillar, Vivienne Westwood, Michael Kors.

We are constantly gaining new clients as well as having the repeat business from our existing clients. They are so happy with their commercials and how been on Television is working for them so well and its all thanks to my tutors especially Mark Bond, with his vast knowledge of lighting and camera work. I truly indeed furthered and advanced my craft in cinematography.